Thursday, July 24, 2014

Back from Break!

Goodness, it's been a while since my last post!  I didn't mean to take the summer off from blogging, but it seems I almost did.  I have a lot of projects lined up for the next few entries.  Let's just say, life  has been super hectic!  A lot has been going on.  We found out my sister was pregnant with twins as well (yay, a boy and girl!) So I have been planning her baby shower, which happens to be on Saturday!  Also, I have upgraded my camera to a Nikon D5200 24.1 MP digital SLR camera.  We also built our office!

Our living room was enormous... and I mean GIANT.  Crazy giant.  It was a lot of wasted space.  So we decided to put up some walls in the living room to create an office, so I'd have a dedicated business area.  That took weeks!  You can see the before/after below!  I am going to dedicate a post to it once it's completely done, we are still waiting on the crown molding and the rest of the trim for the doors.  What's GREAT about my new office is the upgraded lighting! We opted for natural colored light bulbs (instead of those yellow tinted ones) so my pictures for the blog will be super updated and fancy-shmancy with my new camera.

































And here's a preview of the projects coming up!






I'll have to do a post on some of the baby shower prep I did, too.  It's super cute!

Also, I have a slight confession... yes, I am a complete dork.  I have been doing costume work for a con called Geekfest that I will be attending with my (also super geeky) husband next month.  May do a few posts about that, too - costuming is fun, and is sewing, afterall!!

Oh, we also adopted a new kitty, Midna!  You can see her in some pictures, being super "helpful".

Until a bit later this week, after baby shower madness, when project how-to's resume!








No comments:

Post a Comment